222 Pit Road Mooresville, NC 28115 704-663-1670
TMG Hiring Race Engineers and Shock Specialist
(MOORESVILLE, NC) TMG is looking for a race engineer/ shock specialist for our Nationwide Series team, 3-6 years racing experience recommended. Chassis team leadership experience recommended. Must be willing to start immediately. Job duties of a race engineer/ shock specialist are as follows, however tasks will be appropriately divided between the race engineer and the crew chief.
Position: Race Engineer/ Shock Specialist Department: Engineering Reports to: Crew Chief, Team Owner
This position performs the required engineering related functions for the race team. In this role, the race engineer reports to the crew chief.
1. Works with the crew chief to specify racecar build and setup for all racing and testing events. Works with shop personnel, ensuring that they have the required information to assemble racecars in a timely manner. 2. Works with crew chief and the engineering department to continually improve component designs in a motivated fashion.
3. Develops and executes test plans (objectives, run lists and sensor requirements) for all vehicle tests (track, 7-post, Kinematics and Compliance, Shocks etc.). Part of the position’s main focus will be on utilizing the 7-post for various studies. Test reports for
all tests (track, 7-post etc.) will be written in a timely fashion. 4. Executes simulation studies to aid in determining optimal setup configurations. 5. Accurately enters all of the required information (i.e., vehicle/component information, setup information, run comments, test and race summaries, etc.) pertaining to the running of the racecar in the TMG database. At race and testing events, this must be done in a timely fashion. 6. Technically supports and plays an active role in the crew chief’s and driver’s decision making process to extract maximum performance out of the racecar. 7. Oversees data system installation and calibration for testing. 8. Attends all scheduled race engineering meetings. 9. As required, works on special projects designated by the Crew Chief. 10. Works with the team to continuously improve and perfect the racecar and the various tools (simulation, 7-post, windtunnel, shock development etc.) used by TMG to optimize its performance. 11. Performs any additional tasks, as required by the Crew Chief or Team Owner.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent, Mechanical preferred. 2. Solid foundation in component design and manufacturing. 3. Solid foundation and understanding in vehicle dynamics. 4. Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
5. Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to “get-along” with a broad spectrum of individuals and personalities. 6. Ability to perform in high-pressure, high-stress competitive situations. 7. Strong computer skills. Will be required to run simulation models and analyze the results.
8. 1-3 years experience in a race engineer capacity at Nationwide or Cup level is desired. 9. Position requires individual to travel to all test and racing events. 10. Ability to lift and carry 50 lb of deadweight. 11. Experience with shocks is desired
Only absolutely top notch candidates will even be considered, please do not waste time with sub par resumes. (1/17/13) Contact me at email@example.com