John Wes Townley
No. 24 Toyota ‘Save in May’ Sales Event Toyota Camry
Event Preview Fact Sheet
Event/Date: Aaron’s 312 – May 5, 2012
Venue: Talladega Superspeedway
News & Notes:
- This Week’s Toyota ‘Save in May’ Sales Event Toyota … John Wes Townley will pilot SR2 Motorsports chassis 005 in Saturday’s Aaron’s 312 at Talladega Superspeedway. Purchased from Michael Waltrip Racing, this Toyota Camry made its 2012 debut in the season-opening DRIVE4COPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway in February, where Benny Gordon recorded a 12th-place finish.
- Townley at Talladega … In his only previous Nationwide Series start at Talladega Superspeedway, Townley recorded an 18th-place finish in the 2009 running of the Aaron’s 312. Additionally, the 22-year-old driver has made a combined three starts in ARCA and Camping World Truck Series competition at Talladega, posting one top-10 finish.
- Consistency is Key … In his four starts at Talladega Superspeedway, Townley has accumulated an average starting position of 25th and an average finish of 15th. Perhaps most impressive is that the Watkinsville, Ga., native has completed all but one of the laps contested (404 of 405).
- Catch the Action … Saturday’s Aaron’s 312 at Talladega Superspeedway will be televised live Saturday, May 5th beginning at 3 p.m. EDT on ABC and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network. NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifying will be televised live Friday, May 4th beginning at noon EDT on ESPN 2.
John Wes Townley Quotes:
- “I am looking forward to getting back into a Nationwide Series car, especially at Talladega Superspeedway. I have run well at superspeedways before in the past and am excited for the chance to compete in the series again after about a year and a half. Though the car handles a little differently than the truck, any experience behind the wheel is priceless and I think it can only help me in this weekend’s race. I am so appreciative to Toyota for giving me this opportunity.”
Chris Rice Quotes:
- “I love Talladega. It’s a situational race. In the wrong situation, you crash. In the right situation, you win the race. We’re excited to see John Wes Townley head back to the Nationwide Series this weekend. We’ve been working well together in the Camping World Truck Series and I’m sure that experience will carry over this weekend. I can’t thank Toyota enough for all that they do for us here at RAB Racing.”