Event/Date: Ford EcoBoost 300 – March 17, 2012
Venue: Bristol Motor Speedway
Kenny Wallace’s NASCAR Nationwide Series Performance History at Bristol Motor Speedway
News & Notes:
- This Week’s Toyota… Kenny Wallace will pilot RAB Racing Chassis No. 41 in Saturday’s 300-lap NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Bristol Motor Speedway. This chassis last saw action at Chicagoland Speedway in September, 2011, when Wallace piloted this Toyota Camry to a 17th-place finish.
- Short-Track Success … Kenny Wallace is no stranger to success at the short tracks of NASCAR’s Nationwide Series circuit. In fact, seven of his nine wins have come at short tracks. Additionally, Wallace’s resume shows five poles and 40 top-five finishes at tracks less than one mile in length.
- Wallace at Bristol… Wallace has 55 combined starts at Bristol Motor Speedway in the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series. In 35 Nationwide Series starts, Wallace has accumulated one win, one pole, eight top-five and 18 top-10 finishes. In the Sprint Cup Series, Wallace has recorded two top-10 finishes and one pole in 20 career starts.
- RAB Racing at Bristol … In six Nationwide Series starts at Bristol Motor Speedway dating back to 2004, RAB Racing has earned two top-20 finishes with drivers Kenny Wallace and John Wes Townley. The team’s highest finish came in March, 2009 when Townley finished 16th.
- Bristol Flashback… RAB Racing and Wallace competed at the half-mile track twice in 2011, finishing 17th and 36th, respectively. Until last week’s Bashas’ Supermarket 200 at Phoenix International Raceway, 2011’s Food City 250 fourth-place qualifying effort was RAB Racing’s highest ever.
- Where it all Began… RAB Racing made their NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Bristol Motor Speedway on August 27, 2004 with driver Carl Edwards. The 2007 Nationwide Series champion started 14th and finished 19th driving RAB Racing’s Mac Tools sponsored No. 03 machine. Since then, RAB Racing has recorded one win, two top fives, 12 top 10s and has led 17 laps in 103 races throughout their first five seasons on NASCAR’s junior circuit.
- New Website … Not only is RAB Racing expanding on the track, but also off the track with the launch of our new website. Our updated site makes it easy for fans and media to follow along throughout the 2012 season. Visit www.TeamRAB.com for news, releases, results, and multimedia.
- Catch the Action … Saturday’s Nationwide Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway will be televised live Saturday, March 17 beginning at 1 p.m. EST on ESPN and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network. NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifying will be televised live Saturday, March 17 beginning at 10:30a.m. EST on SPEED.
Kenny Wallace Quotes:
- “Bristol Motor Speedway is by far one of, if not my favorite tracks on the NASCAR circuit. It’s been a great track for me, and I think everyone knows that the whole Wallace family, really, has had a lot of success there over the years. I always look forward to Bristol, some of the most exciting racing of the year happens there. I can’t think of racing at Bristol and not have a smile on my face.”