- This weekend’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) event at Kansas Speedway will mark Brad Sweet’s first career-start at the 1.5-mile track. The rookie driver hopes to build on his learning experience this season in the NCWTS by adding to his solid start thus far in 2011.
- New Boss On the Box… Turner Motorsports welcomes Doug George as crew chief of the No. 32 Chevy Silverado. George previously served as crew chief for the No. 33 NCWTS team during the 2010 season. Before taking his experience to the top of the pit box, the Atwater, CA.-native made 56 NCWTS starts as a five-year span in which he accumulated one top-five and 10 top-10 finishes.
- This Week’s Silverado… The No. 32 Great Clips Chevrolet Silverado team will unload chassis TMS-007 for Saturday afternoon’s 250-mile event. This chassis last saw track time two weeks ago at Charlotte Motor Speedway where Sweet started fourth and finished 10th. Previously this chassis was run in March at Darlington Raceway where Sweet qualified 21st and finished in the 36thspot.
- Dirt Racin’ in Charlotte… Sweet put his dirt track cap on this past Saturday evening and competed in the World of Outlaws event at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He qualified 13th and finished second in the B-Main before bad luck struck when he cut down a tire in the A-Main, relegating him to an 18th-place finish.
- Watch and Listen… The O’Reilly Auto Parts 250 can be seen live on Saturday, June 4th on SPEED. Race coverage will begin at 1:30 p.m. EST. The event can also be heard live on MRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 90.
- Meet the Driver … Sweet, along with his Turner Motorsports teammates, James Buescherand Ricky Carmichael,will participate in the NCWTS autograph session on Fri., June 3rd from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. in the Sprint Fan Walk, located in between the NCWTS and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage areas in speedway’s infield.
Brad Sweet on Kansas Speedway:
“I’m ready to get back behind the wheel of the No. 32 Great Clips Chevy this weekend in Kansas! I’m looking forward to working with Doug, especially with the experience he brings to this team. After a great run in Charlotte we are heading to a similar track and bringing the same chassis. Hopefully we can run consistent and bring home another strong finish.”