- Home Is Where The Heart Is… Justin Allgaier, an Illinois-native, returns home this weekend. The NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) driver hails from Riverton, Ill., about 2.5-hours from Chicagoland Speedway. Allgaier, who got his start racing quarter-midgets throughout the Midwest, has captured one win, three poles, 14 top-five and 39 top-10 finishes in the Nationwide Series.
- Hometown Driver and Hometown Sponsor… Allgaier and his sponsor BRANDT, are both from the Chicago-area. Allgaier, who headed out Monday to spend time in his hometown, will stop by theBRANDT headquarters in Springfield on Thursday June 2nd from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. to meet fans and sign autographs.
- Welcome Aboard STP® … Turner Motorsports is very pleased to announce that they are joining forces with STP® this weekend at Chicagoland Speedway, on a weekend in which the iconic brand is serving as title sponsor of the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) race on Saturday and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas Speedway on Sunday. The STP® logo, which has long been a presence in the sport, will be prominently featured on each of the team’s four entries in Saturday’s STP 300 – the No. 38 of Jason Leffler, the No. 32 of Reed Sorenson, the No. 31 of Justin Allgaier and the No. 30 to be driven by Mikey Kile.
- Allgaier Heads to Chi-Town Fourth in Points… Allgaier remained in fourth-place in the NNS championship point standings after his 13th-place finish at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He sits 22-points out of first, just behind leader Elliott Sadler. All three championship contending Turner Motorsports drivers are currently in the top-10, with Reed Sorenson in second and Jason Leffler in sixth-place.
- Allgaier’s Chicagoland Past… Allgaier and Chicagoland Speedway have a past. Prior to his NNS career, he logged laps in three ARCA Racing Series events, with his best finish of fourth in 2008.
- Chicagoland by the Numbers… The 24-year-old BRANDT Chevy driver has two NNS starts at Chicagoland Speedway. He is credited with two top-10 finishes, finishing 10th in both events. He has an average start of 10.0, an average finish of 10.0 and has a 100% lap completion rate.
- This Week’s Impala… The No. 31 BRANDT Chevy team will hit the track with chassis TMS-121 this weekend at Chicagoland. This chassis last saw racing action at Darlington Raceway where Allgaier started 12th and finished in the fourth spot. This chassis was also run earlier this season at Texas Motor Speedway where Allgaier started 12th and finished in the sixth position.
- In the Loop… Thus far in 2011, Allgaier ranks among the top-10 in several of NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics: Closers (1st), Percentage of Laps Run on the Lead Lap (6th), Fastest on Restarts (6th), Laps in the Top-15 (6th), Average Running Position (7th), Fastest Speed in Traffic (9th), Quality Passes (9th) and Fastest Early in the Run (10th).
Justin Allgaier on Chicagoland Speedway:
“I’m excited to head home and race at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend. It will be a thrill racing in front of a hometown crowd and all of the BRANDT guests who will be in attendance. It gives you extra motivation to get that win we’ve come close to securing this year. Hopefully we will rebound from Charlotte and bring home a great finish, and earn premium championship points.”
Justin Allgaier on Having STP on the Car this Weekend:
“STP is such an iconic brand that is associated with our sport and I’m honored to have their logo on our car this weekend. Hopefully we can live up to their legacy and bring them to victory lane once again.”