- Justin Allgaier Heads to Dover International Speedway Leading the Point Standings… Allgaier retained first-place in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) championship point standings after finishing fourth at Darlington Raceway. The Riverton, Ill-native sits five points ahead of second place Elliott Sadler. All three championship contending Turner Motorsports drivers are currently in the top-four, with Jason Leffler in third and Reed Sorenson in the fourth spot.
- Dover by the Numbers… The 24-year-old Wolfpack Rentals Chevy driver has four starts at Dover International Speedway. He is credited with two top-10 finishes and a best start of seventh, coming in September of last year. He has an average starting spot of 20.8 and an average finish of 15.
- This Week’s Impala… The No. 31 Wolfpack Rentals team will hit the track with chassis TMS-125 this weekend at Dover. This chassis last saw track time at Nashville Superspeedway where Allgaier started 14th and went on to finish in the 11th position.
- In the Loop… Thus far in 2011, Allgaier ranks among the top-10 in several of NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics: Closers (1st), Fastest on Restarts (4th), Percentage of Laps Run on the Lead Lap (4th), Laps in the Top-15 (5th), Average Running Position (8th), Fastest Early in the Run (8th), Green Flag Speed (9th), Fastest Speed in Traffic (10th), Quality Passes (10th) and Fastest Late in the Run (10th).
- Autism Speaks … All four Turner Motorsports NNS entries, along with the Mooresville, N.C.-based organization’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series counterparts will carry Autism Speaks decals this weekend in Dover. Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Bob and Suzanne Wright, grandparents of a child with autism. Since then, Autism Speaks has grown into the nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. For more information about Autism Speaks or ways to donate, visit www.autisimspeaks.org.
- Waking Up in Vegas… Shortly after his fourth-place finish at Darlington Raceway, Allgaier headed out to Las Vegas to join Turner Motorsports teammate and motocross legend Ricky Carmichael to take in the competitive action at the 2011 Supercross championship.
Justin Allgaier on Dover International Speedway:
“Dover International Speedway is a physically demanding track. It takes skill and understanding of how to navigate the high banks and long straightaways,” said Allgaier. “The points battle is so close right now, so it’s important to stay consistent on the track as well as on pit road. The No.31 crew has done an awesome job thus far this season and we look to continue that through Dover.”