- Team Swap… This weekend, Sorenson is set to make his second start in the No. 30 Rexall Chevrolet. In his debut event in the No. 30 machine at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, he finished 11th after starting in the eighth position. In addition to swapping car numbers, Sorenson will make a crew swap, working with the No. 30 crew led by veteran crew chief, Stewart Cooper.
- Success in 2011… Sorenson has had a very successful start to the 2011 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season. In four starts the Peachtree City, Ga.-native has two top-five and two top-10 finishes. He has not started outside the top-20. He is currently fourth in the Nationwide Series championship point standings, 21 points behind Turner Motorsports teammate and points leader Jason Leffler.
- Auto Club Speedway (ACS): by the numbers… Sorenson has seven NNS starts at ACS with one top-five and two top-10 finishes, leading a total of eight laps. He has an average start of 14.6 and an average finish of 14.9 at the two-mile D-shaped oval.
- Loop Data: ACS…Sorenson is in the top-10 in several categories in NASCAR’s pre-race loop data statistics at ACS including: Closers (2nd), fastest drivers early in a run (9th), fastest laps run (9th), green flag passes (10th), green flag speed (10th) and laps in the top-15 (5th).
- Rexall Races…In addition to the Nationwide Series events at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Auto Club Speedway, Sorenson is set to pilot the No. 30 Rexall Chevrolet in the events at Michigan International Speedway, Kentucky Speedway, the May 28th event at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the September 17th event at Chicagoland Speedway.
- This week’s Impala… The No. 30 Rexall team will hit the track with chassis TMS-119 this weekend at the Fontana based track. This is the same chassis Sorenson raced to an 11th-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway three weeks ago.
Follow the No. 30 team on Twitter!Twitter.com/No30TurnerNNS
Follow Turner Motorsports on Twitter!Twitter.com/TurnerMotorspts
Follow Turner Motorsports on Facebook!Facebook.com/TurnerMotorsports
Reed Sorenson on Racing at Auto Club Speedway
“The race in California this weekend should pretty good. I really like the track and it’s fun because you are wide-open almost all the way around. With multiple grooves, you’ll see a lot of three-wide racing with everyone carrying a lot of speed down the straight-aways. Hopefully we can have a successful day and get this Rexall Chevy in victory lane at the end of the day.”
Sorenson in Rexall Livery for CaliforniaMarch 22nd, 2011 at 10:42 pm -
Motorsports News Links