In time for the holiday season, the Coca-Cola Chase for Charity program makes gift giving easy with an online auction offering a variety of collectible, autographed items from the race track, Victory Lane, and NASCAR drivers’ and teams’ private collections.
Auction items are posted at NASCARafterthelap.com and will be featured during NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week™ from Nov. 29 – Dec. 3 and at NASCAR After The Lap™ at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas. The online auction will conclude Friday, Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. ET.
Coca-Cola Chase for Charity benefits The NASCAR Foundation™, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit entity that embodies the compassion of the NASCAR family and its commitment to serving communities. The NASCAR Foundation seeks to raise funds and increase volunteerism to support nonprofit charities and charitable causes throughout the nation with an emphasis placed on initiatives that affect the ability of children to live, learn and play.
With a new auction item added weekly, the following one-of-a-kind collectibles are available in the Coca-Cola Chase for Charity program:
- No. 6 UPS Ford car hood autographed by NASCAR Sprint Cup SeriesTM driver David Ragan.
- A Ford piston and a connecting rod signed by NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Chase drivers Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards and Roush-Fenway Racing team owner Jack Roush.
- An autographed brake rotor from the driver of the No. 14 Office Depot car Tony Stewart.
- A Sunoco gas can and flag autographed by the 2010 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint CupTM drivers.
- A unique helmet from the 50th running of the Coca-Cola 600 autographed by the 13 drivers from the 2009 Coca-Cola Racing Family, grand marshal Bobby Allison and race winner David Reutimann. This item also will include a display case.
- A Goodyear tire autographed by the 2010 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers will be available beginning Monday, Oct. 25.
- A deluxe gift package from Richard Childress Racing including a No. 31 crew shirt signed by Jeff Burton, a No. 29 crew shirt autographed by Kevin Harvick and a Clint Bowyer-autographed No. 33 crew shirt. These items will be posted on Monday, Nov. 1.
- At Texas Motor Speedway, the winning driver and team receive a custom-designed cowboy hat. One hat autographed by the 2010 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers will be available starting Monday, Nov. 8.
- Autographed by Ryan Newman, gas pedals, gear shifters and race gloves will be available as an auction item beginning Monday, Nov. 15.
- Biffle autographed a 3M car hood and piston will be available to bid on beginning Monday, Nov. 22.
- A Miss Sprint Cup uniform autographed by Miss Sprint Cup Monica Palumbo and the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ChampionTM will be posted on Monday, Nov. 29.
- Each auction package will include an autographed Coors Light pole flag autographed by each pole winner from the 2010 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup events.
NASCAR After The Lap will take place on Thursday, Dec. 2 at 4:30 p.m. PT, and is the only fan-focused, FREE event providing unprecedented access to the 2010 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers. Taking place at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Las Vegas, NASCAR After The Lap will feature an unfiltered fan question-and-answer session with the top-12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers. General admission seats are FREE and based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seats may be reserved at NASCARafterthelap.com until Dec. 1, 2010. From noon to 4 p.m. PT and located in front of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Coca-Cola will present the fan-interactive Coca-Cola Fan Zone complete with The Sprint Experience, Ford vehicles, games, concessions, entertainment and more.
For more information, visit NASCARafterthelap.com.
About The NASCAR Foundation
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc., (NASCAR) launched The NASCAR Foundation in January 2006. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity that embodies the compassion of the NASCAR Family and its commitment to serving communities. The Foundation seeks to raise funds and increase volunteerism to support non-profit charities and charitable causes throughout the nation with an emphasis placed on initiatives that affect the ability of children to live, learn and play. For more information on The NASCAR Foundation, please visit the website: WWW.NASCAR.COM/foundation.