- Eric McClure will be competing in his 116th NASCAR Nationwide Series race this weekend and his fourth at the 2.66-mile tri-oval.
- In 3 Nationwide Series starts, the 31-year-old driver has completed 99.2% of the laps and has an average finish of 19.4.
- The driver recorded his career best finish (15th) at the speedway in 2008 and looks to improve on his past finishes.
- McClure also has two Sprint Cup starts at Talladega. He recorded a best start of 27th (2006) and a best finish of 26th (2004).
A Milestone Accomplished for Sponsor Hefty® Brand at ‘DEGA
- When the green flag drops on Saturday, Hefty® brand will be competing in its 100th race as primary sponsor in the Nationwide Series with driver Eric McClure.
- Hefty® brand made its first appearance with McClure in a Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway in 2006 where the team started 27th and finished 31st.
TRM Crewman (Robert Brandt), a Native of Mobile, Alabama
- A refrigeration specialist by trade, Robert Brandt, a 32-year-old native of Mobile, Ala. moved to North Carolina in 1999 to pursue his dream of working in NASCAR. Prior to moving to TRM in 2010, he worked for companies such as CRD Engine Development, Fisher Engineering, Wagner Motorsports, Gillette-Evernham Engines, and Front Row Motorsports. At TRM, Brandt is a fabricator during the week and the rear tire hanger on race weekends.
Eric McClure’s Pre-Race quotes:
“I am really looking forward to getting back to Talladega. This is where we can shine as a team. We ran well in Daytona this year and were really strong here last season until I made an error on which line to choose in the draft and lost a few positions. We need to miss the ‘Big One’ and come out of there with a decent finish.
“I am honored that I am the driver to represent Hefty® brand in their 100th Nationwide Race. They are a great partner and have allowed me to follow my dream. Without them I wouldn’t be racing this weekend and for that I am grateful.”
April 24, 2010
Race: Aaron’s 312
Length: 117 laps│ 311.22 miles
TV: Live on ESPN2 │3:00 p.m. (ET)
Radio: Motor Racing Network (MRN) │3:00 p.m. (ET)
No. 24 Ford Specs
Chassis: No. 47
Engine: Roush Yates Engine
Eric McClure NNS Stats ‘DEGA
Year No. Team Start Finish
2009 24 TRM 36 25
2008 24 FRM 29 15
2007 0 JDM 39 18
Eric McClure NSCS Stats ‘DEGA
2006 04 MMM 27 31
2004 04 MMM 35 26
*TRM- Team Rensi Motorsports
*FRM- Front Row Motorsports
* JDM- Johnny Davis Motorsports
*MMM-Morgan McClure Motorsports
Facebook: Fans of Eric McClure